Expenditure on construction` reconstruction` extension or improvement of any permanent structure including a bridge` jetty` port or road in respect of a business or businesses in operation in a promoted area but does not include expenditure:-
- qualifying for investment tax allowance or industrial adjustment allowance;
- which qualifies for capital allowances under schedule 3 of the Income Tax Act 1967;
- which qualifies for reinvestment allowance;
- incurred on plant or machinery used directly or indirectly for the purposes of storage` treatment or disposal of scheduled wastes as defined in the Environment Quality (Scheduled Wastes) Regulations 1989;and
- incurred on buildings used as living accommodation and on plant and machinery provided for the use of a director or management` administrative or clerical staff member.